Taste our gastronomy
Gachas is a traditional Andalusian dish. In Fuente de Piedra they are cooked on the 31st of October, before All Saints’ Day. In the afternoon, they are distributed in the village square for a snack and all the villagers come to celebrate La Ureña.
To prepare this dish you will need
- 500ml milk
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of wheat flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of sweet aniseed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Sugar to taste
- Ground cinnamon to taste
- Lemon peel
- Sliced loaf bread (hard)
Step by step:
- Heat the milk with the lemon peel and cinnamon. Do not let it boil
- Cut the bread into croutons
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and fry the croutons.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and leave on absorbent paper.
- Strain the oil to remove any impurities from the bread.
- Add the flour with a little salt and stir to toast it.
- Add the milk without the cinnamon and lemon and cook, stirring constantly to dissolve any lumps.
- When the dough begins to thicken, add a dash of aniseed liqueur and sugar.
*It can be served with croutons, ground cinnamon or cane honey.
Follow us on:
Tel: 952 73 54 53
Oficina de Turismo. Calle El Castillo, 1
29520 Fuente de Piedra (Málaga)
All Rights Reserved 2021 © Fuente de Piedra Turismo