Taste our gastronomy
This dish is light and fresh, perfect for summer. Its ingredients are similar to gazpacho, but its texture is different. It is a classic dish in the Antequera region, although in Fuente de Piedra it takes centre stage on the Day of the Virgin, where a gastronomic competition of porra majá is held.
To cook this dish you will need:
- Bread (preferably rustic or cateto style), hard and firm
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 2 green peppers
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
Step by step:
- Slice the bread and leave it to soak in water in a bowl.
- Peel the tomatoes, peppers (removing the seeds) and garlic.
- Put all the ingredients in a high bowl and proceed to whisk it.
- Drain the bread, but not completely, so that it is wet. Add it to the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the olive oil, vinegar and salt.
- Blend everything. It is advisable to taste, in case you need more vinegar or salt.
- Leave in the fridge for a few hours to enhance its flavour.
* When it is time to eat, you can add orange, boiled egg, tuna, onion… to spice up the porra majá.
Follow us on:
Tel: 952 73 54 53
Oficina de Turismo. Calle El Castillo, 1
29520 Fuente de Piedra (Málaga)
All Rights Reserved 2021 © Fuente de Piedra Turismo