Taste our gastronomy
Pestiños are another typical sweet, which is usually cooked during Easter.
To prepare this dish you will need
- 500 grams of wheat flour
- 3/4 glass of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds (white sesame)
- 2 teaspoons matalaúva
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon
- 1 glass of sweet wine
- 1 glass sweet aniseed
- Olive oil for frying
- Sugar for coating
Step by step:
- Heat the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and flavour with the lemon zest. When the lemon is golden brown, remove it.
- After this, add the sesame seeds and the matalauva.
- Place the flour in a bowl, leaving an egg in the centre. Add the oil with the sesame seeds and the matalauva, the aniseed, the sweet wine and the salt.
- Mix all the ingredients well and knead with your fist for one minute. The dough should be elastic and mouldable.
- Cover the dough with a cloth and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Gradually take out the dough, shaping it into the shape of a pestiño. Then fry the dough. The temperature of the oil should not be too high so that they are well done inside and out. (Medium-high temperature).
- Drain on absorbent paper and then dip in sugar or a honey bath.
Follow us on:
Tel: 952 73 54 53
Oficina de Turismo. Calle El Castillo, 1
29520 Fuente de Piedra (Málaga)
All Rights Reserved 2021 © Fuente de Piedra Turismo