Magdalenas are a typical Easter sweet. Although they can be easily found at any time of the year, it is during the Lenten season when they are most often baked at home. And on the eve of All Saints’ Day, it is usual to make homemade madeleines.
To prepare this sweet you will need:
- 1/2 dozen eggs
- 250 grams of sugar
- 250 grams of flour
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Madeleine tins
Step by step:
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks, whip the egg whites until stiff and add the sugar while whisking.
- The egg yolks are beaten separately and the oil is added little by little.
- Carefully beat the egg whites and egg yolks together with a spoon in an encircling motion. Then add the lemon zest.
- Add the yeast and the sifted flour with the help of a sieve.
- Mix the whole dough together. Then cover and set aside in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Pour the dough into the moulds, adding a pinch of sugar on the surface. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 220 degrees up and down for 20 minutes.
- Bake the madeleines in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 200 degrees. It is important to keep an eye on the oven, as it may vary depending on the oven. Once the dough has risen and has a golden colour, you can take them out.
Follow us on:
Tel: 952 73 54 53
Oficina de Turismo. Calle El Castillo, 1
29520 Fuente de Piedra (Málaga)
All Rights Reserved 2021 © Fuente de Piedra Turismo